Workforce Immigration & Support Program
- 8026 Franklin Ave, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 5K3, Canada
Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo employers are invited to come and learn about the Workforce Immigration and Support Program (WISP).
Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo employers are invited to come and learn about the new Workforce Immigration and Support Program (WISP) developed by Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Economic Development and Tourism (FMWBEDT).
Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP), through the Government of Alberta, created the Rural Renewal Stream to address current labour needs and skill shortages at the local level and help newcomers settle into rural communities. Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo is a designated community under the Rural Renewal Stream.
The Workforce Immigrant & Support Program (WISP) is our community approach to the Rural Renewal Stream. The WISP supports local employers’ experiencing ongoing labour shortages by providing a fast-track to permanent residency combined with Newcomer support services. The program’s goal is to attract and retain newcomers to become long-term residents of Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo.
The WISP Employer Information Session will cover the following areas:
- Program Background – articulate industry needs, engaged partners and process to achieve community designation
- Program Benefits and Overview – understand if the program is right for your organization, including program highlights, benefits and considerations.
- Program Criteria – provide details surrounding job and candidate eligibility requirements
- Program Phased Launch – understand the stages of launch of this program (current in the community learning period)
- Program Process – explain how to access the program and the process to submit applications.
- Q&A and Feedback Opportunity – allow industry to ask questions and provide feedback to the program.
This is the IN PERSON session. There are also virtual session available.
Monday, July 24
9:00 am to 10:00 am