Santa Claus Parade and Council’s Starry Night Holiday Party
Celebrate the most beautiful time of the year at Council’s Starry Night holiday party and the Santa Claus Parade on Dec. 2. The festivities kick off at 5 p.m. at Kiyām Community Park with free activities and entertainment for all ages, followed by the parade on Franklin Ave. at 6 p.m.
Starry Night, then dach’lyi lą̨̨t’e (Dene), ahcâkosak mîyo nakosôwak (Cree), will mark the first time an in-person tree and tipi lighting is being held at Kiyām Community Park.
What to expect?
- Meet & greet with Mayor and Councillors!
- Ride the Holiday Train around Kiyām Park – available from 1 to 5 p.m. only.
- Enjoy story time with an Elder and the Wood Buffalo Regional Library.
- Drop off children’s letters to Santa.
- Get into the holiday spirit with carolers and drummers.
- Take perfect family photos at the photo frame.
- And more!
Following Council’s holiday party, head over to Franklin Ave. as Santa makes his way to Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo! This year, the parade route is changing, starting at Franklin Ave. and Main St. and travelling south towards Riedel St.
Learn more at rmwb.ca/santa.